Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 2- Better but no prize

Today I had better discipline-mmm- well, sort of.  I woke energized and had an all-fruit smoothie at 7am. ( recipe below).  Around 10:45am I had 16 ounces of my carrot, kale, apple blast. (recipe below)  This was so good. I've never eaten kale in my life before becoming raw.  I tried it before juicing and thought, "Oh Man- I'm eating grass." I found an Italian-food trick to break down the bitterness. Wash, and rub with red wine vinegar and olive oil.  I so love it now especially in salads. 
 Back to the food journey, so the energy train slowed down right about 1:30 p.m. and soup was still on my mind from yesterday.   Funny how the change in cold weather can trigger emotional cues for warming home-made foods.  I am a soup freak during fall and winter thanks to my favorite aunt.  I was honest with myself and knew that going raw was going to be hard during the chilly months.  I gave in to a hot small but satisfying bowl of vegetarian won ton soup with some hot Chinese oil.  I have a good friend who says if you deprive yourself of what you want you only eat more of everything else.  In the end you only end up eating what you wanted wanted in the first place.  She's right. 
The soup gave me the energy I needed to get through the rest of the afternoon. Around 4 pm I finished my carrot, kale, apple blast and headed home.  I'm starting to think that maybe an all-juice fast is not for me quite yet.  I'm doing well with one cooked meal and juice the rest of the day.  Let's see what Day 3 brings.   I have a carrot-juice blend planned for tomorrow and organic beef stew for dinner.

Best health wishes to you!

RECIPES:

Cherry Surprise
 1.5 cups of unsweetened coconut milk
1 banana
1 cup of frozen organic cherries
2 tbsp of ground flax seeds
Blend and enjoy


Carrot, Kale, Apple Blast
6 carrots
1 head of kale
6 apples
1/4 inch of ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment